I am delighted to be working with Katie Jane at Sleeptight Maternity Centre in Crosby to offer pregnancy yoga and postnatal yoga for new mums and babies! New courses are starting this week so contact Katie Jane at Sleeptight Maternity Centre directly to book: sleeptightmaternity.com/
I continue to offer Pregnancy Yoga in Southport on Tuesdays at 18.45-20.00 for £11 per 75 min class or a block booking of £36 (4 classes for £9 each). Spaces are available.
My next postnatal yoga course for mums and babies is beginning tomorrow – £40 for 4 weeks. This will be held at St Philips & St Pauls with Wesley Church on Scarisbrick New Road, Southport, PR8 6QR.
Why try Pregnancy Yoga?
Pregnancy yoga classes help mums-to-be explore and connect with mind, body, and spirit during their journey through pregnancy.
Our intimate classes offer a relaxing and safe space during pregnancy and provide tools to help mums-to-be connect with their own body in preparation for labour and motherhood. Each class is 75 mins and includes breathing practices and meditation offering you a truly balanced practice with relaxation time for body and mind.
Body & Bump Benefits:
- Our group sessions provide you with a community of, and connection with other mums-to-be;
- Uninterrupted time and space to connect with your own body and baby;
- A tailored and safe yoga environment enabling you to strengthen muscles and improve flexibility;
- Learn to connect with your breath helping to calm the mind during pregnancy and labour;
- Develop greater awareness of your body’s limits creating balance and trust in your own body;
- Strengthen your mind and build will power and confidence;
- Provide tools to help with insomnia and sleeping problems;
- Balance hormones;
- Reduce fear;
- A space for relaxation in supported and tailored restorative yoga positions;
- Explore birthing positions and breathing practices for labour;
- Mindfulness within yoga can also reduce postnatal depression.
What is postnatal yoga?
Postnatal Yoga classes are a perfect opportunity for new mums and babies (pre-crawlers only) to bond in a quiet and soothing environment. Postnatal Yoga encourages new Mums to gently work with their body building up their physical exercise safely and slowly. Yoga can provide new Mums with many benefits physically, energetically and emotionally, helping you to rest and improve sleep (when your baby allows!).
Each class will offer mum the opportunity to learn relaxation techniques, restore your energy and bond with your baby using tailored yoga poses and baby massage.
This class is suitable for Mums six weeks after childbirth or eight weeks after a caesarean (and approved by your GP).
Contact me for bookings in Southport.